2020 has been quite a year!
This year has impacted all of us, but for some in our community, this year has presented life-altering challenges.
2020 has been incredibly tough for many of our community partners. They’ve responded to greater needs than they anticipated, all while navigating new policies, procedures, and regulations. But this didn’t surprise God and He began preparing us to meet some of these needs in December of 2019 through our LoveMB Christmas Offering. Through this offering, Wellspring was able to raise $50,000 over and above our regular giving, to support our LoveMB partners and some planned projects for 2020.
With those funds we were able to:
- Partner with Branches of Love and give $8,000 to provide Christmas for over 70 children in the Habitat for Humanity Program.
- Provide a meeting space for our new partner, SOS Healthcare, to enable them to serve families of children with autism and intellectual disabilities.
- Help purchase sensory boxes for Horry County Police, so that they may have more productive interactions with people with autism and sensory processing disorders.
While being able to do what we planned in 2020 has been amazing, all of us have experienced things that we weren’t prepared for and our community faced some daunting challenges this year. Through your gifts to the LoveMB Offering and items that have been donated throughout the crisis, our church was able to go above and beyond!
Some of the highlights include:
- Giving $10,000 to Backpack Buddies to feed over 400 families that depend on school meals and food resources.
- Providing care and appreciation meals for our frontline workers in our community including MB Police, Horry County Schools, and healthcare workers.
- Purchasing and handing out 1000 “LoveMB” masks to our congregation and community partners to help slow the spread of Covid-19.
- Holding 5 “Drive Through Thursday” events where we collected truckloads of food, supplies, and PPE for our community partners including Fostering Hope, SOS Healthcare, and Backpack Buddies.
- Supporting our partner, New Directions, who serves our homeless populations and families in crisis. We were able to provide meals and household items for families that found themselves homeless due to events beyond their control or planning.
- Donating school supplies for over 700 Myrtle Beach Early Childhood students as they went back to school.
- Hosting two blood drives to support the American Red Cross as they dealt with the severe blood shortage that shutdowns and quarantine caused.
For those that participated in giving to our community over the last year…THANK YOU! Wellspring was only able to respond to these extraordinary needs of our community because of your generosity. As we approach a new year, we believe that it will be just as vital for us to be prepared to Love Myrtle Beach in unexpected ways in 2021.
Over the next few weeks, you will hear stories of how LoveMB is declaring that Better is Possible in our community and how God has moved through your generous, obedient, and sacrificial giving of time and resources. On November 22nd, we will once again come together to give to our community through our LoveMB Offering. This offering will allow us to continue to partner with organizations that are preparing for the known and unknown needs our community will face next year.
We want to invite you to begin praying now about how your family will join us as we give our 2020 LoveMB Offering on November 22nd!
Are you ready to give now? You can click on the button below and select the LoveMB fund to participate in our 2020 LoveMB Offering today!
When we all give something, God can do anything!